Sunday, February 20, 2011

Flavor of the Week - February 20, 2011

Dennis Basso Spring 2011 Collection

I was gathering some pictures for what I thought was going to be my Flavor of the Week on one of my favorite girl's Halle Berry. Well as I was cruising the net, I saw the dress above and quickly changed my mind (no offense Halle, lol)!! Dennis Basso Spring/Fall 2011 collection, which previewed at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in NYC last week, was absolutely stunning!! And though I'm a woman who adores bold, bright colors, I couldn't help but fall for this neutral palette, luxurious and amazingly tailored collection!

Basso's Spring/Fall 2011 collection was inspired by summer evenings on the Mediterranean. Some of the reviewers top look of the evening were: Black-and-white metallic net gown; pink hand-embroidered skirt; silk chiffon tank and pink mink jacket; and a blue ombré metallic dress. Basso accessorized his garments with Alligator clutches; python messenger bags; fur boleros and vests. Backstage, Dennis Basso expounded on this season's woman. "She loves to go out," he said. "She travels. She does special occasion. No pants."

I posted some looks from the collection that I really enjoyed!! Check them out and let us know your thoughts..... Thanks for the inspiration Mr. Basso!

Fashionably yours - Chandra

Spring 2011


Spring 2011


Spring 2011


Spring 2011


Spring 2011

Fall 2011


Fall 2011

Fall 2011


Fall 2011


Fall 2011




7 comments:

  1. The black one is definately my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish i could afford any of those dresses...they all look awesome!<3

    ♥ kisses ♥

    http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks 4 your comment babes,I follow u!Hope to have u between my followers,kisses!
    http://themissidea.blogspot.com/!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment. It is alwyas nice to see women of color breaking barriers in a field like the fashion industry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With so many collections to look for this spring/summer and f/w 2011 season, Basso is really one to look out for. Love every pieces of this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning collection!! I'm in love!!

    Thank you for your lovely comment! We can follow each other if you like:)

    http://mademoiselleconomist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely dresses! especially the first one<3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to hear your comments! If you like this blog please follow me on Google Connect, Bloglovin, or Twitter.

Remember to stay fashionably bold and true by setting your own fashion trends.

Fashionably yours - Shellena ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...