Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Classic Edge with a Quilted Purse

It’s good to know that the phrase “Grandma’s Old Knitting Bag” can hardly be used for a fashion forward quilted purse!  Even though “Grandma” started the quilted bag concept, Coco Chanel gets a huge pat on the back for creating her classic and trendy quilted purses today.  How much can a Chanel bag cost you?  Well, almost half your paycheck!!!  So why not try other economical options to get the same look from other designers?!?!
I was specifically looking for a certain bag for my trip to Spain with Craig in November 2010.  One day after searching on Ebay, I found this GREAT DEAL on a Donald J. Pliner quilted leather hobo bag which was previously owned.  The purse strap was in slight need of repair.  So what did I do?  I took it to my local shoe repair shop and had them fix it for just a few bucks.  I’ve received so many compliments on this bag because of its stylish edge.  Plus, it’s large enough for shopping sprees, trips to the movies, vacations, and more!
Try looking online to find a quilted handbag that fits your style.  One thing that can make a quilted handbag truly a great accessory is its uniqueness combined with its usability.  

Me at the "Reales Alcázares de Sevilla" with my purse
November 2010
 
Mint Message:

Go for a luxury look with a smaller quilted handbag and rock a sense of comfort with a larger one!  For some reason people tend to think of the simple warmth of home life with quilted items.  To increase the value of a quilted purse, most include additional pockets on the inside for portable accessories and hair & make-up items. 
If you happen to find the quilted purse of your dreams, feel free to share it with us!  We’d love to know that great fashionable shoppers got what they wanted!! :)

Fashionably yours - Shellena




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this all the time. I love going to thrift stores. I recently found a beautiful B Makoswki black leather purse for 4.99. I use it every day especially since it retails for 258.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bag! The leather looks like great quality. I agree, chanel truly has made quilted bags in to classic pieces! I really like the size of the bag; not too large but big enough to fit all your essentials!
    The colour and shape is really classic to, I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to hear your comments! If you like this blog please follow me on Google Connect, Bloglovin, or Twitter.

Remember to stay fashionably bold and true by setting your own fashion trends.

Fashionably yours - Shellena ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...