|Alyssa on the right|
1. Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from? What's your educational background? What are your general professional and non-professional interests?
This question always makes me uncomfortable! LOL I don't know how to describe myself. I try to be a kind and fun person, so I hope that's what I am :) I graduated from high school in 2008, and I took extensive classes in photography and graphic design. Surprisingly, I love good ol' office work! weird right?
2. What does fashion mean to you?
To me I like to always look nice, but its not the most important thing to me. I love shopping at discount and second-hand stores to make my outfits look really expensive but really I probably only spent about $20 on the whole thing. I hardly EVER buy items at full-price... I'm a clearance rack girl! Fashion does not have to break the bank.
3. How would you define your city's fashion?
Hmm... well it depends on what part of the city you go.... If you are downtown you could see anything at any given moment. But some areas have fashion that's very bohemian chic, some areas are very classy, and some are just eccentric!
4. Who are some of your favorite designers?
Even though I have never bought anything from there I do love Anthropologie. So I try to make outfits that look like they came from there. I also love Juicy Couture, and have been able to find some juicy items at second-hand stores. I don't think I have a favorite designer, maybe just favorite stores like American Eagle, H&M, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, etc.
5. What do you believe makes a quality article of clothing?
Something that never goes out of style. That little black dress.
6. What current trend in a fashion store attracts you the most?
Scarves, they are everywhere. I love them!
7. Describe your style in two words or less.
Casual and Classic
Check out Alyssa and Candice’s home improvement blog, Nesting Newbies, for awesome decorating ideas.
Fashionably yours - Shellena