Friday, April 1, 2011

Mint Focus: Yolla for Yolla & Klea Boutique

1. Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from? What's your educational background? What are your general professional and non-professional interests?
I was born in St.Petersburg, where I lived for 13 years (where I went to music and drama classes). Then, I spent another 15 years in Jerusalem, learning fashion and jewelry in Academy of Arts and Design. Over the last 5 years I've been living in Tel Aviv.
2. What does fashion mean to you?
For me - fashion is a way of life.
3. How would you define your city's fashion?
Vibrant, frenzy, colorful, quickly changing, looking more to future than past.
4. When did you realize you wanted to become a fashion designer?
7 years ago.
5. What do you love most about designing and creating your own items?
Expressing myself, giving way to my inner visual world - but it also gives me energy for all my daily activities.
6. What are some of your favorite materials to work with and create with?
Strong fibers that hold well the silhouette, but also soft fabrics that give tender touch feeling to skin
7. How did you get your start in fashion designing and what have you learned over the course of being a designer?
I worked for 2 years assisting and constructing for other designers, until I realized I have enough experience to go on myself.
I learned to appreciate uniqueness of every human figure; I learned to feel materials character.
8. If you could sum up your look and aesthetic in three words, what would they be and why?
Urban (throughout my life I always lived in major cities, each with distinct character)
Architecture (inspired by the clear lines and proportions, drawing parallels with clothes design)
Human Body (I draw my inspiration from human body, taking it as a starting point when designing clothes)
9. What are some of your accomplishments as a designer?
I've completed 10 seasonal collections. I took part in several designers’ competitions, including awards in exhibitions in Tokyo and Munich.
10. Where can readers buy your items?
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/people/YollaKlea
11. How long have you worked as a designer?
For the last 5 years

Thanks for taking out your time to do this interview Yolla! 

Fashionably yours - Shellena




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I would love to hear your comments! If you like this blog please follow me on Google Connect, Bloglovin, or Twitter.

Remember to stay fashionably bold and true by setting your own fashion trends.

Fashionably yours - Shellena ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...